It’s not question how much that I LOVE Downtown Detroit.
Almost all of the weddings I shoot are down there or we go down there for photos.
As a result of this one of the most common questions I get asked is:
“where are the best places to take pictures at down there?”
The list goes on and on for me.
But I have managed to narrow it down to my top 5.
5. Campus Martius. Keep in mind that this is a very popular spot, so there is always going to be crowds of people around. But, its still beautiful and historical. No matter the time of year.
4. Belle Isle fountain. Another beautiful and historical location. However, a permit is required to shoot here. So, make sure that you call ahead and get one! They are quick to ask you to leave. The fountain is breath taking and there is also an incredible view of the city skyline.
3. Anna Scripps Whitcomb Conservatory. While admission is free a permit is required for photography. However, if you are looking for a nice and warm place for stunning photos amongst exotic foliage? This is your place.
2. The Belt. While it can be pretty busy at any time of the morning, afternoon or evening. It can still be a fun and exciting place for some awesome pictures! ANNNNDDDDD there are bars in there that you can walk up to and grab a sweet and refreshing adult beverage! 😉
- The Eastern Market. This is hands down my favorite place to take pictures at. AND ITS FREE!!!! I could keep you scrolling for literally hours with the pictures I have taken there over the years. I LOVE the variety. The ever changing art. The community. The atmosphere. Everything.
So, if you are planning a wedding in Detroit. Or want to take your pictures down there with someone who knows it like the side of their arm (where I happen to have the skyline tattooed)- hit me up!!!